I don’t remember the last time I actually had meatballs with my spaghetti but after the suddenly depressing weather we just had, I needed to whip up something nice and filling.
I’m all about a quick meal. The notorious fake cook. Because spaghetti and meatballs is really a plain dish, it’s almost disrespectful not to jazz it up.
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- one small squash
- one garlic clove
- a few handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- pre-packaged meatballs (don’t judge me, I was tired)
- one box of vermicelli pasta
Boil your water for your pasta. Add your salt and whatever seasonings you like to flavor the water. I usually use salt, garlic salt and oil. Cook until al-dente. Strain and let it rest.
In another pan, I heated some oil and butter, then I sautéed the onion until golden brown. Next, I added the garlic, tomatoes, squash and bell pepper. I stirred it around for about 3-5 minutes. Don’t let it burn!
I removed the veggies and added the meatballs. Add a touch of olive oil to the pan. Not too much as the meat will create its own juices. Once the meat is cooked all the way through, I added the veggies back to the pot.
Toss in your spaghetti sauce and additional seasonings to your liking and voila!
- You probably don’t care how I made my spaghetti because…who doesn’t know how to make spaghetti.
- I need to stop taking pictures with my phone. I bought a real camera for a reason.