Bloggers get tired of blogging too. I mean, I love blogging but it’s getting harder and harder to keep up. But don’t give up on me! I have 28 posts saved as drafts. I’ll get to it. Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
1. Been sick for about a month. To the doctor’s office and back, every week. Sucks. My pocket cries. Now I’ve broken out in hives. If this ain’t the devil then what the heck has taken over my body?!?!? Grrr.
2. I’d like to be living my purpose. So every free moment, I’m daydreaming. Yea, that’s not what I should be doing. I should be taking action, I know. *insert excuses here* Thank God I finally know what I want to do with my live. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL! More power to you classroom learners but that’s not my path. I need connections. Just got my “business cards” and I’m so excited to pass them out. I’d love to work in nonprofit focusing on young women and girls. So if you know of an organization, hit me up! It doesn’t matter if it’s not in Atlanta. I’m willing to relocate. 🙂
3. Of course I’ve been spending every weekend with the people I care about the most. I really hate that I’ve become that 9-5er that’s just living for the weekend but alas, tis so. I take those moments seriously too.
4. I’m trying to get back to reading. Just bought Little Bee. I’ve heard great things about it so I’m excited to start reading. And then maybe I’ll tackle all the books that I’ve previously brought and never read. Jesus be a vacation.
5. Music. Music. Music. I’ve bought some AMAZING albums lately. I cannot stop replaying them over and over again. First, I bought Tank’s album. Not for the kids. Very sexy. He’s just my type. There’s so much passion in his voice. My sweet heart throb. Sara Bareilles. I love her SOOOO MUCH! And her latest project just sent me over a cliff. Kirk Franklin and Isreal Houghton. Yaaaaaas! Praise the Lord. And lastly, Frank Ocean. I love his album so much, I just have to share one of his songs with you. I dig him so much. I love every song from his mixtape/album. Every one. And I listen repeatedly. Come to Atlanta, boo.
6. I participated in Lent. No, I’m not Catholic but I like challenges. Sue me. I gave up dating for Lent. That’s another post for another day. Needless to say, I felt that it was necessary. Looking back, no one really asked me out lol but I did meet someone during the last week. I had a date the first day after Lent was over. SMH. I’m a mess.
7. I turned 26 on April 25th. I don’t like celebrating my birthday. Something always bad happens. Since I couldn’t go out-of-town, I did have a dinner with five of my close friends. It was lovely. Then my closest friend and I danced the night away. It was beautiful. I’m 26. Yikes.