1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
I really love to blog but I haven’t had a personal computer since 2005. So I’ve been using other people’s computers (e.g. school, work, friends) to blog. Because of that, I would say blogging comes second (enjoying life comes first. that’s where I get inspiration for posts!). When I get a laptop, blogging will come first!!!
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I take notes in my Blackberry. When I come across a topic that I find interesting, I jot it down in notepad. Most thoughts come to me in the middle of the night. I will literally get up and start writing while the ideas are fresh in my mind before I go back to sleep.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
Jotting down notes! It doesn’t matter if it’s an incomplete thought. As long as I write it out and save it in my notepad or as a draft, I remember it and come back to it eventually.
Also, I used to blog M-F. I stopped doing that because it felt more like a chore than fun but having some type of scheduling can prove to make blogging easier. Just as long as it doesn’t take away from the joy of blogging.
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
I don’t usually plan ahead. If a post comes to my mind, I just start writing. I guess because I don’t have a computer, I just have to do what I can (currently writing this post from work). Lol.
5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
A lot more fashion posts and “how-to” videos. I seriously think my everyday life should be recorded. The things that happen to me are just……..um um um. And I think I’m relatively funny. At least I’ve been told I am. So why not take this show on the road???? Lol. Somebody, stop me.
See what others are saying at Modly Chic!