1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc…)
Camera(s): Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W150 (ugrading to a DSLR soon!)
Computer: I can’t believe I haven’t owned one in FIVE years! That will change next month. For now, I use my friends!
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
Photo Editing: Whatever is on the computer I’m using.
Photo Storage: My memory stick.
Photo Hosting: None yet.
Blogging System: WordPress
3. What is your process for taking pictures?
If I deem that my outfit for the day is worthy of putting up on my blog, I find whoever is passing by to snap a shot of me. The problem with this is, people usually will take one. But when I get specific and try to give direction, they usually don’t want to help anymore. So I end up just using my self timer.
I like natural lighting because I don’t have to use the flash. Most times my photos will be shot outside during day light hours. If I’m taking the pictures myself, I take a lot (other people may find that vain but it takes a lot of shots to find the perfect one). It’s also difficult when I don’t have a tripod so I will be investing in that along with my new camera and remote.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
Ideally I would like a location without any cars, children, storage, staring people or anything else distracting in my shot. But this can be hard to achieve since most of the time, I’m taking my own shots, sans tripod or help. DOES ANYONE WANT TO BE MY NON-COMPLAINING PHOTOGRAPHER?! I’ll pay you in gum!
Lately, I’ve used my church parking lot (don’t judge me), neighborhoods and smack dab in the middle of the road. Once I get my tripod, I’m going to take advantage of my large hallway at my apartment.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
A Macbook Pro! It’s crazy what that laptop can do. The access to photo editing software with it would be awesome too.
Check out what other bloggers are saying this week at Modly Chic!