First of all, know that I have become OBSESSED with challenges. Every time I complete one, I start a new one. It feels good to accomplish something to the end and learn from the experience. It’s all about growth.
I’ve tweeted a couple of times about this new challenge a friend of mind presented to me. For 21 days, I will renew my mind, body and spirit. There are rules and guidelines (gotta love those!) to follow and it’s very organized. Just how I like things to be. And the best thing about it, there are worksheets!!!!! If you don’t know, I LOVE PAPER! This is actually an internal conflict that brings me a little stress because I also want to save the trees. 😦
For those of you who inquired about the 21 Day Detox Challenge, here it is:
The link below has the basic gist of the program. To the right of the page, you need to sign up to receive her daily emails. To the bottom of the page are the downloads for this program.
Here’s the info from the FB group page that I’m in.
I apologize in advance for the caps but I’m NOT going to take the time and write it over. Too much!
This group is to keep all of us posted on each other’s updates and progression made during the 21-Day DETOX Challenge…I’m a VERY excited to go on this destination with you all!! The Directions are listed Below:
First: I hope you all have had the chance to watch the FULL extent of videos 1 & 2 by Juliette, If not you have until Thursday night @ 11:59 am.
Items you need:
-A Bible (NIV OR KING JAMES SUGGESTED)
-A journal notebook
-A Positive Attitude
-But most of all, a disciplined work ethic to COMPLETE all tasks to the best of your abilities!!
-An accountability partner (if someone does not have one, Let me Know ASAP!!!)
21-Day Detox Challenges (Mind, Body and Spirit) (Nov. 5, 2010-Nov. 25, 2010)
1.) DON’T STOP (NO STARTING AND STOPPING, SEE IT THROUGH to Thanksgiving Day in order to give THANKS!!)
2.) SPEAK THE INTENTIONS (GOALS, INSPIRATION, PHILOSOPHY,) YOU WROTE OUT IN YOUR JOURNAL EVERYDAY!!
3.) BE AWARE AND CONSCIOUS OF YOUR LIMITING THOUGHTS (POTENTIAL OBSTACLES THAT MIGHT GET IN THE WAY ALONG THE WAY)
3A) SPEAK 1-3 EMPOWERING AFFIRMATIONS/INTENTIONS 10X PER DAY (ESPECIALLY WHEN NEEDED)
4.) ONLY UPLIFTING AND POSITIVE READING, CONVOS AND ENTERTAINMENT PERMITTED (YOU CHOOSE WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU BUT THIS SHOULD MEAN LITTLE TO NO TV, RADIO, GOSSIP, AND OTHER NON-INSPIRATIONAL OR MOTIVATIONAL THINGS)
4A) READ 15 MIN’S PER DAY (SHOULD BE THE BIBLE FIRST, THEN OTHER FORMS OF READING IF YOU CHOOSE TO)
4B) SEEK OUT PEOPLE WHO LIFT YOU UP, ASK THEM HOW THEY STAY POSITIVE.
4C) LAUGH DAILY (ATLEAST 7X A DAY), DO SOMETHING REALLY FUN WEEKLY
5) KEEP YOUR WORD!!-DO WHAT YOU SAY, KEEP ALL PROMISES TO OTHERS
6.) EXPRESS YOUR UNRESOLVED EMOTIONS WITHOUT WHINING OR COMPLAINING TO A TRUSTED MENTOR/FRIEND (ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER) 2X PER WEEK
7) GET AN ACCOUNTABILITY BUDDY AND MAKE AN AGREEMENT TO DO THIS CHALLENGE TOGETHER. CHECK IN 2X PER WEEK
8 ) ENGAGE YOUR IMAGINATION THEATER (SPEND 15MIN PER DAY IMAGINING THE MOST VIVID, VIVACIOUS,BOLD AND BRILLIANT SCENARIOS OF LIFE, YOUR GOALS AND DREAMS BEING ACCOMPLISHED!!) LET YOUR MIND WONDER!!
9.) ELIMINATE ONE, JUST 1 TOXIC FOOD ITEM FROM YOUR DAILY DIET (YES 1 FOR 21 DAYS)
10) DRINK MORE WATER AND EAT MORE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, THAN USUAL DAILY (I RECOMMEND AT LEAST 5 GLASSES OF WATER AND FRUITS/VEGETABLES SUCH AS APPLES, BANANAS, STRAWBERRIES, LETTUCE, TOMATO, CARROTS, ETC A DAY)
11.) WALK, WORKOUT, OR PLAY AN ACTIVE SPORT FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN PER WEEK, CHOOSE 5 DAYS)
12.) SHOW DAILY ACTS OF KINDNESS (COMPLIMENTS, THANK-YOU’S, ETC)
12A)GET AND GIVE ATLEAST 1 HUG PER DAY
12B) DO ONE RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS EVERYDAY (TRY TO DO MORE THAN 1)
13) READ SCRIPTURES OR EDIFYING, UPLIFITING MATERIAL 15MIN PER DAY
14) BE STILL, SIT QUIETLY AND STILL YOUR THOUGHTS 15MIN PER DAY (SHOULDN’T BE DOING ANYTHING BUT RELAXING, NO PHONE, TV, TALKING, ETC)
15) FORGIVE AT LEAST 1 THING PER DAY DEALING WITH YOUR PAST, PRESENT, SELF ISSUES OR OTHERS (WRITE DOWN THE THINGS YOU FORGIVE IN YOUR JOURNAL)
16) SAY THANK YOU TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE EVERYDAY!!
17) NO GRUMBLING, MUMBLING, WHINING, COMPLAINING OR GOSSIPING ABOUT OTHERS OR YOUR SITUATIONS (ONLY CONSTRUCTIVE, POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE SPEAKING ALLOWED!!)
18) LISTEN TO 1 INSPIRING PIECE OF MUSIC PER DAY THAT MAKES YOU SMILE, DANCE, PRAISE, OR JUST FEEL GOOD!! (SHOULD BE NO CURSING IN THE SONG)
19) CHOOSE ONE OF THESE 21 DAYS TO BE SILENT FOR AN ENTIRE 24HRS
BONUS CHOICES FOR 19:
-CHOOSE DAY 1 AS YOUR DAY OF SILENCE
-DO BOTH DAY 1 AND DAY 21 AS YOUR DAY OF SILENCE
-DO IT ONCE PER WEEK (I SUGGEST THIS ONE FOR EVERYONE!!)
20.) CHOOSE ONE DAY TO COMPLETELY UNPLUG FROM THE INTERNET, COMPUTERS AND PHONES, TV, RADIO, ETC
21) DO THIS CHALLENGE AS IT IS LISTED AND TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE OF YOUR ABILITY, COMMIT FULLY!! WHEN YOU DO THIS, YOU WILL NOTICE WITHIN A FEW DAY THE MENTAL, SPIRITUAL, AND PHYSICAL BENEFITS…
If you choose to do this challenge, you can simplify it and adjust it to your liking.